Archive | COMMUNITY

1475228738_featured.jpeg

Durgotsav – 2016

If you ask my about my favourite festival, it is not Ganesh Chaturthi or Diwali; it is the Durga Puja. Other festivals are have become more for the masses, and the only festival which is a bit posh is the Bengali Festival of Durga Puja. When I first went to a Durga Puja, I was […]

Continue Reading 0
1474460311_featured.jpeg

New Signage at Mount Mary Chowk by Bandra Collective

The collective, in which six architecture firms came together in May this year, is carrying out initiatives pro bono for the suburb. Further initiatives will include realignment of hawkers on Linking Road.Karen D’Mello, the municipal corporator for Ward 96 of Ward H West, has welcomed these efforts with willingness. “We have four more signage planned. […]

Continue Reading 0
1474651019_featured.jpeg

St Stanislaus goes solar to save on power bills

In a bid to cut down expenses, St Stanislaus High School, a semi-aided school in Bandra, has turned to generating power for itself by installing solar panels. According to the school, the panels, which were installed at a cost of `70 lakh, which was arranged for by way of a loan, generate enough electricity to […]

Continue Reading 0
george-menezes_1_full.jpg

George Menezes, a multi-faceted man

The multi-faceted George Menezes was a renowned author, columnist, diplomat and an eminent Catholic leader. The Mass was concelebrated by Bishop Percival Fernandes and six other priests. His son Christophe paid glowing tributes to his father that brought tears to the congregation. His friend Rev Cardinal Oswald Gracias, who is in Rome, made his presence […]

Continue Reading 0
C360_2016-08-10-02-23-48-503

Interview with Saad Basha from Bombay Arts

As you enter Bandra from south Mumbai on SV Road, you find a store which has stood there for almost 60 years now. The imposing two-storied Bombay Arts is a multilevel furniture store. I recently had the opportunity to meet Saad Basha the young and the dynamic 26-year-old director of Bombay Arts. Here is a […]

Continue Reading 0