Wandering the streets of Bandra since early college days and then residing there for a brief period, trust my cerebral matter to pinpoint a location better than Google Maps when asked for a culinary spot inside of this part of suburbs. Roaming its streets from the crack of dawn to the late night scouting, I’ve experienced many places that offer cuisines from around the world and the clock to even eating on the trunk of the car after a late night exit from the Shack. This is one part of the city that offers lip-smacking meals from 15 to 1500 bucks at an ordinary stall to a posh restaurant.
So there are days when I go illiberal, and Gandhiji hesitates to come out of the wallet. The target in such cases has been to locate decent places offering value for money food and under 101 bucks (Because under 100 bucks is too mainstream !)
Here’s that list of eateries/stalls in Bandra West that offer a brilliant fare and makes you feel content for an under 101 bucks experience.
- Kheema Pav (56/-) & their trademark chai (20/-) at Goodluck, Mehboob Studio roundabout.
- Chicken Shawarma (80/-) at Marinate, Hill Road opp Archies.
- Chicken Burger from Hearsch Bakery, Hill Road (70/-)
- Chicken Burger from A1 Bakery, Hill Road (50/-)
- Missal Pav (40/-) at Patil’s, small eatery adjacent to Gaiety Galaxy Multiplex.
- Burji with Malbari Parotha (70/-) at Hotel Apsara, 33rd Road next to Bru Cafe.
- Club Sandwich (50/-) & Sunflower Sandwich (80/-) from Candies.
- Momos (80/- onwards) from Kepchaki Momos, Carter Road.
- Chicken Biryani (100/-) from Jeff Caterers, Bazaar Road.
- Chicken Biryani (90/-) from Islamiya Caterers, Bazaar Road.
- Beef Chilly Burger(100/-) from Cheron, Hill Road.
- Garlic Roast Chicken Sandwich (50/-) from American Express Bakery.
- Puri Bhaji plate (15/-) from Annapurna kitchen, Chimbai Road