Home COMMUNITY (page 2)

COMMUNITY

Interview with Aftab Siddique

Aftab Siddique am born and brought up in Khar. She did her schooling from Duruelo Convent High School and R.D.National College. Aftab is a teacher by profession from last 27 years. She says about her job as a teacher As a teacher, we impart a specific syllabus but when kids face practical difficulties in real life, they are unaware of …

Elections results for Bandra West wards

Swapna Mhatre BJP won in Ward 100; she has defeated the incumbent Karen Dmello of Congress to win her seat. Her campaigning was vigorous; she had personally come and rang my door bell and asked for my vote. Asif Zakaria Congress Ward no 101 – Asif Zakaria needs no introduction, he was the incumbent corporator to retain his seat. Independent …

Illegal mobile tower installation at Mount Mary

By Nimriti Patel The Honourable Secretary and select members of the Society of Balmoral Hall, Mount Mary Road, Bandra West 400050 have installed an Airtel Mobile tower on the roof of Balmoral Hall despite the majority of residents in the building opposing and voting against the installation. I hope the concerned departments will direct us to a resolution.   Disclaimer …

Bandra gets the first Plastics Bottle Machine

Bandra, the H West Ward of the MCGM is the first to have a machine that would recycle their Plastic Bottle. The All India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA), the apex body and the largest industry association of the plastic industry in India celebrated the anniversary of Swachch Bharat by donating a machine to recycle plastic bottles to the H West …

New Pickelball playing court at Saisa club at Pali Hill , Bandra West.

This newly constructed multi sports facility will be make available to members of the club from Saturday onward where Basketball , Mini Tennis and Pickleball can be played on specially created outdoor court at Saisa Club.Saisa club is one of the oldest clubs in Bandra west which always promote Sports and sporting activities among-est neighborhood of Bandra west. This new …

Interview with Alishka M Anand from @Bylanes_ofbandra

There are quite a few Bandra handles on social media. One of the most delightful handles on Instagram focusing on the bungalows of Bandra is @bylanes_ofbandra Alishka Anand runs the account and posts her interpretation on the names of these homes along with the pictures, which makes her Instagram account feel like a blog with some interesting stories to tell. …

Bandra’s Bungalows, a fast-disappearing heritage

This is a guest post by Wheels on our feet. Tucked inside the little lanes of Bandra are these old gems — one little cosy, charming bungalow after every 2-3 concrete highrise. Still standing amidst trees as old as them or perhaps, older, these bungalows are a silent testimony of the times that we have lost to ‘development/concretisation’. We looked …

A community driven organic farm in Bandra – Pixie Dust Farms

I met Christopher Pereira towards the end of monsoon to talk to him about this community is driven project at St. Peters KG. I saw a few tweets from @diipti talking about this farm and how volunteers go and nurture this organic farm. So enjoy this exclusive interview with Christopher Pereira, and you can meet him on Saturday at the …

123...16Page 2 of 16