For common eye problems to rare sight-threatening diseases, CEDS provides general eye care and other subspecialty services attracting patients from throughout the city of Mumbai, across the country and around the world. The sophistication of care delivered at CEDS can be evidenced by the descriptions of the activities and technologies available with our specialty services.
CEDS is established with the intention of functioning as a modern Daycare Eye Hospital with comprehensive diagnostic and surgical facilities to manage all aspects of Eye Disease and Eye Care.
CEDS has the distinction of being officially recognized as a US FDA Investigator Center for the development of new Multifocal Lens technology.
The Center is always ready to adopt and implement new path breaking technologies for the advancement of eye care and the benefits of patients visiting our facility. The motto of our center has always been :
[quote]From Darkness into Light Faith Heals[/quote]
We at CEDS shall strive continuously towards the continual improvement of our medical services and quality management system.
We are committed to ensure maximum customer satisfaction by judging patientrequirements correctly and accordingly ensuring required improvement.
We are committed to ensure the compliance of all the requirements of ISO 9001-2008, quality management system.
- COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAMINATION
- REFRACTION UNITS: For Spectacle Prescriptions. The Center will only prescribe optical correction and will refer the patient to an appropriate Optician for dispensation or the patient may seek his/ her own Optician.
- CONTACT LENS CARE: The Center will examine, prescribe and dispense Contact Lenses.
- CATARACT SURGERY: The Center is equipped to conduct the highest and most modern standards of Cataract Surgery on par with the best facilities in the world.
- REFRACTIVE SURGERY: The Center will be involved in the selection, assessment and management of patients for Refractive Procedures. Refractive Surgeries like LASIK will be conducted at peripheral Centers by the Medical Director himself, to which the Medical Director is empanelled. All other Refractive Surgical Procedures like Refractive Lens Exchange and PRELEX will be conducted at the Center itself. The Center, however, also has a long term proposal for acquiring the LASIK facility.
- GLAUCOMA CARE
- CORNEAL SURGERY
- VITREO-RETINAL SURGERY
- PEDIATRIC OPHTHALMOLOGY (including STRABISMUS)
- OCULAR TRAUMA: Consultation and Treatment related to Sub-Specialty Services (6 to 10) will be conducted by the Medical Director himself or by any of the appointed Specialty Honorary Eye Surgeons empanelled and associated with the Center.
AUTOMATED REFRACTION UNITS:
B. VECTOR VISION CONTRAST SENSITIVITY TESTING SYSTEM: The Center is equipped with the Vector Vision Contrast Sensitivity Testing system, one of the very few installations in the country, confirming to modern standards of Visual Assessment. This modality of vision testing is fast gaining acceptance as the new gold standard in the qualitative assessment of vision in patients with Glaucoma, Cataracts, Diabetic Eye Disease and following the implantation of New Generation Multifocal Lens Implants.
C. EYE EXAMINATION UNIT: A single point stop for the patient to be examined for most Baseline and Routine Eye Examination
D. TOPCON SLIT LAMP BIOMICROSCOPE WITH IMAGING SYSTEM: The Center is equipped with a high end Slit Lamp Biomicroscope from TOPCON, Japan, which can help the Consultant to accurately observe and diagnose diseases afflicting the eye These images can also be used for scientific research and publications in the future if required (with the explicit written permission of the patient).
E. CORNEAL DISEASE DIAGNOSTICS:
• CORNEAL TOPOGRAPHER from OCULUS, Germany
•PACHYMETER from TOMEY, Japan.
The Center is equipped with a state of the Art CORNEAL TOPOGRAPHER from Oculus, Germany and a PACHYMETER from Tomey, Japan. The TOPOGRAPHER is a valuable tool in mapping the cornea for surface abnormalities and studying inherent aberrations of the human eye. The PACHYMETER is used in the measurement of Corneal Thickness. These instruments find application in the diagnosis, prognostication and treatment of various corneal diseases and also in the assessment of suitability for Refractive Procedures such as LASIK.
In addition, the Center has installed an additional PUPILOMETER software which is gaining increasing significance today in the assessment for Refractive Surgery and Multifocal Cataract Surgery, replacing and obviating the older methods of manual pupil measurements.
F. CATARACT DIAGNOSTICS
• IOL MASTER from Zeiss Medicals, Germany
• AXIS II A-SCAN BIOMETERY from Quantel Medicals
• HUMPHREY AUTOMATED KERATOMETER from Carl Zeiss Medicals, Germany.
• Nd:YAG POSTERIOR CAPSULOTOMY LASER from Carl Zeiss Medicals, Germany
The Center is one of the very few Centers in the city to house the IOL MASTER from Carl Zeiss Medicals, Germany which is redefining standards in the measurement of Lens Power for replacement of Cataract during surgery. In addition, the Center also possesses the state of the art Conventional A-Scan Biometer AXIS II which is a gold standard in the measurement of IOL power for Cataract replacement. Pre-Operative Measurements of Corneal Power is done with the HUMPHREY AUTOMATED PERIMETERY, once again replacing the errors associated with Manual Keratometry.
CEDS also possesses the Carl Zeiss Nd:YAG Posterior Capsulotomy Laser for the OPD based management of Posterior Capsule Opacification following Cataract Surgery.
G. GLAUCOMA DIAGNOSTICS
• HUMPHREY AUTOMATED VISUAL FIELD ANALYZER from Carl Zeiss,Germany
• TOMEY PACHYMETER from Tomey, Japan
•CONTRAST SENSITIVITY TESTING SYSTEM from Vector Vision, USA
•AIR PUFF TONOMETER from Keeler, Germany
•GOLDMANN APPLANTATION TONOMETER from Inami, Japan
•PERKINS HAND HELD APPLANATION TONOMENTER
•iCARE HAND HELD TONO PEN
•Nd:YAG IRIDOTOMY LASER from Carl Zeiss, Germany
The above equipments are now considered gold standards in the detection, evaluation, measurements and follow up of Glaucoma. The Center also has tonometers which are portable and are capable of recording eye pressures in morbid patients who are bed bound or bound to wheel chairs.
The Nd: YAG laser is a valuable tool in the emergency management of a patient who presents to the clinic with an acute Angle Clousre Glaucoma. Centers that do not have this tool, lose valuable time in referring the patient to the nearest facility.
H. RETINAL DIAGNOSTICS: FUNDUS FLUROSCEIN ANGIOGRAPHY UNIT from Carl Zeiss, Germany, which is used in the detection of complex disease of the retina. The system has a facility wherein image records of the patient can be stored and backed up for retrieval at a future date. Image Records can also be emailed to the patient for records of the patient, on request.
I. SURGICAL FACILITIES:
J. MISCELLANEOUS EQUIPMENTS: Air Sterilizers and Dehumidifiers have been installed as standard equipment.
The Center is run on a networking system with a HMS (Hospital Management Software) with EMR (Electronic Medical Records), eliminating the need for bulky patient files, misplaced or lost patient records. Each patient is electronically assigned an ID Number which can be used to locate and retrieve records in the future even if the patient follows up after several years. All records and images will be backed up to the network server. Data from the network server can then be accessed by authorized personnel from a remote location.
The Medical Director can thus access and review his patients data and records even from home or while on vacation through the internet and can even email patients their records or prescriptions if requested in an instant.
4, Hilton, 35-A, First Floor,
Opp. Elco Arcade Shopping Centre,
Near Reliance Trends / Globus Cinema,
Mumbai – 400 050.
Monday to Friday: 9:00 A.M. To 8:00 P.M.
Saturday : 9: 00 A.M. To 4:00 P.M.
Consultations by Prior Appointments.
Ph: 022 – 26420053/32710211
Email: [email protected]