Door No. 1 There's no overtime in BMC's book, no matter the illegal activities going on brazenly. It turns out that's the reason Door No. 1 in the ONGC Colony lane at Bandra Improvement is continuing to run regardless of a closure notice from the civic body-- mid-day discovered the dining establishment operating surreptitiously in the evening, while keeping shutters down throughout the day, but authorities will not raise a finger since "shift ends at 5 pm".
The civic body has actually suspended the consuming licences of Door No. 1 and Candies, but, both are continuing to run unabashedly. When mid-day did an online search of "Door No. 1", we learnt that the eatery has actually even slated some events, from February 20 to 24, on its premises.
Health department authorities had examined the location and discovered that the owner had actually intruded on the space in front of the restaurant and was unlawfully utilizing it to serve customers. Pic/Sameer Markande Repaired task hours! On Thursday, mid-day
had actually reported how H-west( Bandra West) ward's health department and the local station house had suspended Door No. 1's eating licence and revoked its fire
NOC over unauthorised building and construction and violation of fire security norms. Apart from this, notifications have been released to Coffee shop 123 and Desiree Cake Studio too. Likewise read: Mumbai: BMC pulls down shutters on unlawful Bandra restobar that breached fire security norms Regional Kaushal Bhatia, who remains in Sea View Building next to ONGC Nest and has actually been fighting against this nuisance, stated,"I was surprised to see that after suspension of licence and cancellation of the fire NOC, it was organisation as typical at Door No. 1. According to norms, if health licence has actually been suspended, the restaurant can't
work till it adheres to the conditions."On Thursday, I met fire officer from Bandra Station house P A Sawant and health officer of H-west ward Sudhir Salunkhe and told them about the restaurant operating sans licence. While Sawant stated further action, like closure, can be taken by the health officer, Salunkhe informed me that when they visited the spot, the restaurant was shut. So, I clarified that it was running at night, to which Sawant pointed out that as their [ health department's] workplace shuts at 5 pm, they can't do much after that. Exactly what's the point of doing something about it then?"
"Salunkhe told me to approach the ward officer and stated he will send a team to the spot once again to inspect," included Bhatia.
happen in Occur
lane Far ... Health department authorities had examined the location and discovered that the owner had actually encroached on the space in front of the eatery and was illegally using it to serve customers. Information offered by the fire officer had likewise revealed that a fire NOC had actually been released however, till date, none of the conditions had been complied with.
The fire officer had likewise said that due to the open area in front of the eatery staying completely confined, the restaurant was a fire trap without any appropriate entry-exit point.
BJP MLA Ashish Shelar had actually even fulfilled Extra Local Commissioner (western suburban areas) I A Kundan concerning the unauthorised building and fire security infractions of eateries in the ONGC Colony lane and had actually written two letters to Community Commissioner Ajoy Mehta about the very same, demanding action. In spite of repeated efforts, Assistant Municipal Commissioner of H-west ward Sharad Ughade remained unavailable for comment.
Catch up on all the most current Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, as well as a total guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events throughout the city here. Also download the brand-new mid-day< a href="https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr"target="_ blank"title="mid-day android app"> Android andiOS apps to get most current updates