Vandana Foundation is incorporated as a non-profit Company under section 25 of Companies Act in the year 2010, based in Mumbai. The Foundation is largely engaged in providing sustainable livelihood support to the people at the bottom of the pyramid both urban and rural in currently in limited geographies among many other activities.
Helping urban and rural poor to become economically self-sustaining, primarily through the medium of micro-enterprise. For this they provide enterprise development training, skills training, capacity programs and low-interest micro-finance.
1. Work livelihood support to urban and rural poor
2. Low interest micro-finance
3. Enterprise development training ( Wardha and Yavatmal)
4. Skills development and capacity building training
5. Financial literacy training to poor micro-entrepreneurs
6. Free diagnostic health camps in Mumbai slums
7. Provide financial aid for education to poor children in Mumbai and Wardha and Yavatmal districts
8. After school for children in Mumbai slums
9. Skills training and employment to youth in collaboration with Skills Academy
For the urban they work in Mumbai slums where they have supported a little over 2000 families with very encouraging results.
They work in two districts of Vidarbha namely Yavatmal and Wardha in Maharashtra where they support the widows and families of farmers who committed suicide due to financial stress and indebtedness.
Another remarkable work is helping over 100 such women and families to become financially independent through micro-enterprise and various small/micro businesses.
They are also promoting khaki currently only through spinning Charkha and propose to develop it into a complete value chain of cotton to garments. We are looking for making some substantial investment in this area.
They are currently running first of proposed multiple ‘After School’ for children from slums in Mumbai to qualitatively improve their standards of learning and personality development , to bring them on par with children of English medium schools and those of upper echelons of society .
They also work for healthcare and education for the poor, both in Mumbai slums and two districts of Yavatmal and Wardha. They currently support more than 300 children from class 1 to higher education including college education. They organize free health diagnostic camps for the poor in Mumbai slums.
To sponsor, volunteer, please contact:
Room No 2107,
Building No 42,
Bandra (E) Mumbai,